Long Term Benefits
LENS Neurofeedback is a clinically effective, drug-free alternative for helping people find lasting relief from neurological symptoms, clarity and balance in their lives.
How LENS Neurofeedback can help
Alleviate many neurological conditions associated with dysregulated brainwave patterns including:
– Anxiety, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Attacks, TBI
– Children with ADD / ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disorders
– Relieve Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia, Migraines, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, regain energy
– Sleep Disorders, Addictions, by reducing the need to self-medicate
Changes and improvements following a course of treatment with the LENS, once attained, tend to persist and endure. Gains can be seen in as little as 5-10 sessions:
A study at Stone Mountain Center demonstrated a 50% improvement in 20 sessions and less over a range of symptoms. ( 100 Person Study, Journal of Neurotherapy, Winter,2006: issue devoted to the LENS. Conclusion: LENS therapy appears to be very efficient and effective in rapidly reducing a wide range of symptoms. It particularly produces rapid movements in the first 5-10 sessions.)
In tracking gains during a course of LENS treatment, family members, friends, teachers and parents of younger children may notice and give positive ‘feedback’ on beneficial changes in function, behavior and relationships.
LENS can also help:
– reduce and manage stress, increase resilience to stressors
– clear ‘brain fog’, increase mental clarity, cognition – focus, memory, new learning, executive function
– reduce social and performance anxiety, debilitating self-judgment, improve self-esteem
– optimal functioning and peak performance training for academic testing, corporate presentations, sports, performing arts – and all those aiming to perform at their highest level whilst minimizing stress
LENS and related healing therapies, Reconnective Healing, EFT can help:
– gain emotional control, stabilize mood, reduce reaction to stressors, emotional reactivity
– release energetic and emotional blocks, clear, balance energies on all levels
– find states of deepened relaxation, centeredness, well-being, ease, optimal functioning.
– kindle a regained feeling of authenticity in oneself and a freed-up sense of new possibilities
LENS versus traditional Neurofeedback:
LENS neurofeedback and traditional neurofeedback can both be very effective as drug-free alternatives for treating many neurological conditions and dysregulated brainwave function. However, whereas traditional neurofeedback systems select EEG frequency bandwidths and try to train changes in the brain, the LENS enables the brain to make its own self-corrective adjustments – that is, LENS disentrains the brain where stuck in dysregulated patterns.
Traditional neurofeedback typically involves sustained effort from an often restless patient, such as a child diagnosed with ADHD, requiring lengthy, focused participation to make changes on a computer screen. The LENS approach is passive, effortless – the patient simply sits, eyes closed for seconds at a time, without active participation being required – critical for patients with attending issues.
LENS treatment is shorter, with fewer sessions required than traditional neurofeedback – usually two-thirds or less – and therefore less expensive. Enduring and early improvements have been shown using the LENS, often within the first 4-6 sessions, and frequently, clients continue to improve after the course of treatment for weeks or months.